Many are the attractions of León, cuisine, cultural activities, ambience … but above all, León is a must for lovers of history and architecture, it´s fascinating history has left an impressive architectural legacy with important works in different periods and styles.
León is a glossary of all the history of Spanish architecture
It’s amazing the amount and quality of heritage we can see León in sach small space:
- Romans: Wall and crypts, new excavations are revealing more Roman buildings.
- Romanesque: Basilica of Saint Isidoro, considered the “Sistine Chapel of Romanesque“.
- Gothic: St. Mary’s Cathedral, one of the masterpieces of Spanish Gothic with stained glass unique in the world.
- Renaissance: Convent of Saint Marcos, one of the most representative works of the Spanish Renaissance. Today turned into hostel. Also in this style is the Palace of Guzman.
- Herreriano: Church of Saint Marcelo.
- Baroque: Consistory building in the Plaza Mayor, or the Palace of the Marquises of Prado.
- Modernist: House Botines, built in modernist-neogothic style by the great Antonio Gaudi. Also in this style we can include the Old Post Office Building.
- Modern: MUSAC Museum, its facade of 3,000 glass represents an allegory of the windows of the cathedral.
If all of this we add a hospitable atmosphere and exceptional cuisine, León is a city you must visit.
Places to see in León
Other interesting things to see when you visit the province of León
Gastronomy of León
There are many things to do in Leon, but the most essential is to try its cuisine, renowned worldwide.
Recommended Restaurants in León
Accommodation in León
We have selected for you the most interesting accommodation offers in terms of quality, price or location, all have something special.
History of León
A bit history to better savor all you have to do in León:
Our team of guides partners are expert in art history, heritage and ethnography. In León we collaborate with Experiencias Ocio Lazo León, a local company that offers fantastic guided tours on demand from our expanding knowledge in an educational and fun.
How would like to visit Leon? Send us your idea.